Welcome to the Phyllis J. Washington College of Education and Human Sciences at the University of Montana!
The Phyllis J. Washington College of Education and Human Sciences is comprised of five academic departments, as well as specialty units such as the Montana Digital Academy, the Institute of Educational Research and Service, and the Learning and Belonging (LAB) Preschool.
The academic departments are:
- Communicative Sciences and Disorders - prepares students to work as professionals in the areas of Speech and Language Pathology.
- Counselor Education - prepares students to function as competent, ethical professional counselors who can work sensitively with culturally diverse consumers in a wide range of school and mental health settings.
- Teaching and Learning - home to the teacher preparation programs as well as masters and doctoral programs in curriculum studies, elementary education, library media services, literacy studies, instructional technology, special education and secondary education.
- Educational Leadership - offers masters, education specialist, and doctoral degrees and endorsements in educational administration and supervision.
- Health and Human Performance - host of bachelors and masters programs in health enhancement (physical education and health), athletic training, exercise science, health promotion, and exercise and performance psychology.
The Dean's Office, Department of Teaching & Learning, Department of Counselor Education, and Department of Educational Leadership are located in the Phyllis J. Washington Education Center.
The Department of Health & Human Performance and the Institute of Educational Research and Service are located in McGill Hall.
The Department of Communicative Sciences & Disorders is located in the lower level of the Curry Health Center.