The DeWit RiteCare Speech, Language, and Hearing Clinic is integral to the Department of Communicative Sciences and Disorders (CSD). We provide speech, language, and hearing screenings, consultations, evaluations, and therapy to individuals across the lifespan. We are committed to meeting the needs of our clients and the priorities of families in the Missoula area and across Montana. We are developing a reputation as a leading facility for clinical service and a model for instruction and evidence-based practice.
The DeWit RiteCare clinic also serves to provide education for undergraduate and post-baccalaureate students, professionals, and families and training for graduate student clinicians. All services are provided by graduate student clinicians under the supervision of CSD faculty who are licensed in the state of Montana, certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), and members of the Montana Speech-Language-Hearing Association. Students engage with clinicians, clients, and families which creates a learning opportunity for all involved.
Anyone can make a referral to The UM RiteCare Clinic at any time. The UM RiteCare Clinic is open to the public and offers services to children and adults across the lifespan. Clinic services are provided based upon need and without regard to ethnicity, gender, culture, or religious beliefs. Masonic affiliation is not required. Families and/or caregivers must provide transportation to and from the UM RiteCare Clinic. You may download the UM RiteCare Clinic Brochure.
The DeWit RiteCare Clinic offers comprehensive evaluations to assess speech, voice, swallowing, language, and cognitive skills. Prior to treatment, clients are evaluated and observed to determine communication skills, abilities, and difficulties. After the assessment process has been completed, a conference is scheduled to discuss the results and recommendations with the client and/or the client's family/caregivers.
Following diagnostic evaluation(s), the client may be enrolled for therapy. The therapy sessions are designed to meet the individual needs of each client. Therapy includes training and support for families and/or caregivers to continue to work with the client at home.
Communication Areas We Assess and Treat
- Speech (e.g., articulation and accent modification, stuttering, speech planning and programming)
- Language (e.g., speaking, listening/comprehension, reading/literacy, writing, gesturing, sign language)
- Augmentative & Alternative Communication
- Cognition (e.g., memory, attention, executive function)
- Social Aspects of Communication
- Big Sky Aphasia Program (BSAP)
- Youth Engagement Through Intervention (YETI)
- Mentoring, Organization, and Social Support for Autism Inclusion on Campus (MOSSAIC)
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment
- Transgender Voice Treatment
- FEES (Fiber Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing)
- Acoustic Voice and Resonance Analysis with VisiPitch IV and Nasometer
- Telepractice Services