The Department of Teaching and Learning office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM Mountain Standard Time (MST).
The Department of Teaching and Learning
32 Campus Drive
University of Montana
Missoula, MT 59812
Prospective and current undergraduate and post-baccalaureate Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, and Secondary Education majors can now schedule their academic advising appointments in Starfish.
What is Starfish? Starfish is a student success platform that incorporates academic support and student self-service capabilities into a single portal for students, faculty and advisors.
To schedule an advising appointment with your advisor via Starfish:
- Go to umt.edu/starfish (use your net ID and password to log in). You will be taken to the My Success Network page.
- On the My Success Network page, under “My Connections”, select your primary advisor.
- Using the drop down menu next to your advisor’s name, select “Schedule”.
- You will be taken to the ‘Schedule Appointment’ screen. Under “What do you need help with?”, select “TES Advising.”
- Once you select “Advising”, additional appointment options will populate. Select the type of advising appointment you require.
- Select a day and time for your appointment that works for you.
- When your appointment information appears, you will be given an option to enter additional comments under “If you want, tell us a little bit about what’s going on so we can help.”
- Be sure to confirm your appointment by clicking the “Confirm” button at the bottom right of the screen.
Students who receive their primary or supplemental advising at Teacher Education Services can also schedule an appointment with their assigned advisor by contacting them directly.
Early Childhood Education: Charity Atteberry firstname.lastname@example.org 406-243-6170
Elementary Education: Charity Atteberry email@example.com 406-243-6170
Secondary Education: Lisa Firehammer firstname.lastname@example.org 406-243-4841
Graduate Students: Lisa Firehammer email@example.com 406-243-4841
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org