University of Montana Safe Schools Center (UMSSC)
Providing training, research, and professional development services to schools and communities across Montana and the U.S.
The UM Safe Schools Center was endorsed by the Superintendent of Montana's Office Public Instruction in 2005 and approved by the Montana University System Board of Regents in 2006. However, our organization has been working on numerous school safety grants and initiatives since 1999.
Program collaboration has occurred for and with many agencies including:
- Montana Office of Public Instruction's Montana Behavioral Initiative
- The U.S. Department of Education's Office of Safe and Healthy Students (OSHS)
- The OSHS' Readiness and Emergency Management in Schools Technical Assistance Center (REMS)
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- The U.S. Department of Justice Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) office
- The National Institute of Justice
To learn more about the training and interventions conducted by the UM Safe Schools Center, please review our Training & Intervention website.