Textbooks for courses through the Department of Educational Leadership may be purchased from a variety of resources. You may order from the UM Bookstore, Amazon or any other store based on what works best for you.
- EDLD 554: Montana School Law (online):
American Public School Law
Authors: Kern Alexander; M. David Alexander
Publisher: Wadsworth Publishing
Published: January 2011
List Price: $260.95
- EDLD 556: Finance of Public Education (online):
- EDLD 653: School Personnel (online):
The Human Resource Function in Educational Administration, Ninth Edition
Author: I. Phillip Young
Published: April 2007
List Price: $205.40
- EDLD 559: PR for Principals (online):
Kowalski, Theodore J. (2011), “Public Relations in Schools”, 5th Edition. Pearson – Merrill/Prentice Hall, New Jersey
- EDLD 502: Philosophy (Foundations) (online)
- EDLD 583: Strategic Planning for Technology (online)
- EDLD 656: Economics of Education (online)
No books required for any of Dr O'Reilly's classes this summer.
- EDLD 567 K-12 Leadership (online)
- Barth, R. (2003). Lessons Learned: Shaping Relationships and the Culture of the Workplace. Thousand Oakes, CA. Corwin. The book is available from Amazon for $19 and the Kindle version is $15. Used versions as low as $4.
- Fullan, M. (2014). The Principal: Three Keys to Maximizing Impact. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass. The book is available from Amazon for $17 and the Kindle version is $8 and it’s free with an Audible trial on Audible Audiobook.
- Nahavandi, A., Denhardt, R.B., Denhardt, J.V. & Aristigueta, M.P. (2015), Organizational Behavior. Thousand Oaks, CA. Sage. The hardcover edition costs $139 but you really don't need it so I highly recommend purchasing the e-book. My first suggestion is to get it from VitalSource has if
fora 90 day rental at $56.00, Google playhas it for $62.04.
- EDLD 657 Facilities Planning (online)
- Perkins, B. & Bordwell, R. (2010). Building Type Basics for Elementary and Secondary Schools(2nd ed.) Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons. This book costs $90 on the publisher’s website but you can get it from Amazon for $75.
- EDLD 551: Foundations of Curriculum (F2F)
- Fullen, M., Quinn, J. & McEachen, J. (2018). Deep Learning: Engage the World Change the World. Thousand Oaks, CA. Corwin. The publisher lists it for $33, Amazon for $31 but the Kindle version is only $18.
- Flinders, D. J., & Thornton, S. J. (2017). The Curriculum Studies Reader(5th ed.). New York: Routledge. It’s available in paperback from the publisher for $62, Textbooks.com for $42 and you can rent it from Amazon for as little as $16.
- Rose, T. (2016). The End of Average: Unlocking our Potential by Embracing What Makes Us Different. Harper Collins, NY. This book is $16 on the publisher’s website but you can get it for $11 from Amazon.
- EDLD 520: Educational Research (online)
- Salkind, N. J. (2017). Exploring research(9th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
- EDLD 550: Foundations of Educational Leadership (online)
- Hoy, W. K., & Miskel, C. G. (2013). Educational administration: Theory, research, and practice(9th ed.). Boston: McGraw-Hill. ISBN 978-0-07-802452-8 - MHID 0-07-802452-8
- Covey, S. R. (1989). The 7 habits of highly effective people: Powerful lessons in personal change. New York: Fireside. ISBN 0-671-66398-4
- EDLD 552: Supervision and Evaluation of Public Schools Employees (F2F and robotic):
- Andelson, S. J. (2014). FRISK documentation model: Practical guidelines for evaluators in addressing below-standard employee performance. (Education Edition). Gardena, CA: Sunset Printing.
Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud, & Romo
12800 Center Court Drive, Suite 300
Cerritos, California 90703-8597
- Glickman, C. D., Gordon, S. P., & Ross-Gordon, J. M. (2013). The basic guide to supervision and instructional leadership (3rd ed.). Boston: Pearson.
ISBN- 10: 0-13-261373-5
- EDLD 519: Measurement and Analysis Data (F2F and Robotic):
- Salkind, N.J. (2014). Statistics for people who (think they) hate statistics. 3rd Edition. Excel 2010 Edition. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin, A Sage Company
- Salkind, N.J. (2011). Excel statistics: A quick guide. Thousand Oaks, CA: A Sage Company.
- EDLD 568: K-12 Curriculum (online):
- Jacobs, H.H. (2010).Curriculum 21: Essential education for a changing world. Alexandria, VA: ASCD
Tokumama-Espinosa, T. (2014). Making classrooms better: 50 practical applications of mind, brain, and education science. New York, NY: W.W. Norton & Company